CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1996

Sender:
From:
"Martin W. Wessendorf" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 1996 14:25:07 CDT
In message  Paul Goodwin writes:
> I shattered one once which led us to rapidly change vendors to 3M which
> seem much more durable. Yes, they will scratch and you can kill them. I
> wouldn't suggest you play catch with any media that you care about :).

Okay--that's what I wanted to know!

Next question: Do people experience unexplained failures with their recordable
CD's that might be associated with dust, exposure to sunlight, or similar
factors that are more difficult to control?  If so, what are the symptoms?  Is a
single file corrupted, or does a whole file go?

Thanks--

Martin Wessendorf