CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1996

From:
Ray Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 11:39:25 +0100
Hello all,
We're looking into buying a confocal microscope, and would like to get an
idea of what's available.  Is there a web site, or discussion document that
compares equipment from different manufacturers, or different approaches
(eg line scanning versus spot scanning) could you let me know.

If anyone has opinions on the strengths or weaknesses of any one technology
could they e-mail me direct (I say this to head off any "flame wars" that
may occur should differences of opinion arise, but if you'd rather reply to
the list then do {I say this to stop people flaming me for taking the
discussion off the list}).

If I get any responses I'll summarise them and put them on my web site (below)

Thanks in Advance

Ray

                              Ray Hicks
|University of Cambridge          |Tel              01223 330149        |
|Department of Medicine           |Fax             01223 336846         |
|Level 5, Addenbrookes Hospital   |e-mail         [log in to unmask]   |
|Hills Road Cambridge             |Web Page/   facsmac.med.cam.ac.uk    |
|CB2                              |ftp server    131.111.80.78          |
|UK                               |                                     |