CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1996

From:
Keiichi Ohya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 10:49:20 +0900
At  9:29 AM 96.5.16 +1000, Guy Cox wrote:
 I'd be very glad to hear from those in less remote
>countries as to what they pay or have paid for Voxel View and upgrades
>thereto.

The question is very interesting for me. The center of medical information of our university bought Voxel View for SGI this year and cost it (only softwear) about 68,600 US$ in Japan. The price was reduced by normal discount for academic place (in ordinary case, 5-20%), but the amount of reduction is not open for user. The maintenance and up-gardes fee is 10% of the above price. I would also like to hear the price of Voxel View in other places. Since the price of similar soft wear such as AVS for SGI is highly expensive, it is difficult for user to obtain and maintain them by their own expense of the department.

Keiichi Ohya
Dept. Dental Pharmacology
Tokyo Medical and Dental University