CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1996

From:
"Nitschke,Roland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 1996 10:31:21 -0500
-- [ From: Roland Nitschke * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I'm looking for other users of the MIRRUS Galleria slide machine to exchange
our experience and knowledge how to get best performance and results with
this slide maker.
Our lab is using (or better wants to use)this machine not only for color
slides, but also for B & W line drawing composed with Windows programs like
Grapher, SlideWriter, Arts & Letters and CorelDraw. The problem is that the
films offered in the Galleria Windows driver are all color slide films,
which in our hands do not give good results with only B & W. The problem is,
that thinner lines or smaller lettering never comes out as real black, its
always more or less grey. Increasing line thickness and lettering is not a
real workaround, as then the drawings are no longer usable for publication
in a journal and also do not look well proportioned. We are not sure if this
is a problem of the machine or the use of a none adequate film type.
Has anyone a similar problem with that machine or tried to use B & W films
for slides like the AGFA Scala200? Another choice would be to use film for B
& W prints like the AGFA APX 100 or APX 25. This would require to find the
right Galleria film driver settings and inverting the graph before sending
to the slide machine to get directly a slide.

Dr. Roland Nitschke                         Email:  [log in to unmask]
freiburg.de
Institute of Physiology                      phone:  49-761-2035172
University Freiburg                         fax:    49-761-2035191
Hermann-Herder-Str.7
D-79104 Freiburg
Germany