CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1996

From:
Peter Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 14:20:10 -0700
If the binding is due to the presence of endogenous biotin, you can
eliminate it by preincubating with avidin (with four biotin binding sites
per molecule) and then with (with one avidin binding site per molecule).
Vector labs sells a kit with both in drop bottles, which is great for
sections.

Peter Sargent

At 10:49 AM 5/29/96 GMT-10, you wrote:
>I have just performed some experiments on frozen pituitary sections
>and found that my TRITC streptavadin (Zymed) is sticking directly to
>the tissues even in the absence of the primary and biotinylated
>secondary.
>Does anyone have any suggestions of how to overcome this problem,
>other than to try another secondary antibody which is directly
>coupled to a fluorophore (other than FITC, as i intend to double
>label).
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Steven

>Dr Steven Thomas
>Prince Henry's Institute of Medical Research
>
>POSTAL ADDRESS: PO Box 5152     COURIER ADDRESS: Level 4, Block E
>                Clayton                          Monash Medical Centre
>                Victoria 3168                    246 Clayton Rd
>                AUSTRALIA                        Clayton
>                                                 Victoria 3168
>                                                 AUSTRALIA
>Email [log in to unmask]
>Ph. 61 3 9550 4391
>Fax. 61 3 9550 6125

 e-mail: [log in to unmask]    s-mail: Dr. Peter B. Sargent
 phone:  (415) 476-6156(7)                Div. Oral Biology, HSW-604
 fax:    (415) 502-7338                   University of California
      or (415) 476-4204                   San Francisco, CA  94143-0512