CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1996

From:
Dr M Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 18:42:31 PDT
On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 11:17:20 -0400 Michael Cammer wrote:

Dear Michael

We used to have a western digital scsi interface for a sony mo drive.
When we switched it to an adaptec scsi interface everything was ok but
the drive wouldn't read the old disks. This seemed like a pain but the
adaptec is a much better (plug and play) interface. So I recommed it
to you. As far as you archived data goes you would need temporary
storage to move it all over to the new format. I know that might not
be possible but it might solve the interface problems.

I hope this helps...

Mark Cannell

> This is not a query but a follow-up answer to our own question of
about
> two months ago.
>
> The Northgate 386/387 running CoMos for the BioRad MRC 600 died.  We
> temporarily got the system to run on an old Swan 386/387; it was as
> simple as plug-and-play except that disk access creeped.  Popping
the cards
> in a new Gateway Pentium with three IDE slots was also as simple as
> plug-and-play (the difficult part was ordering a Pentium with three
IDE