CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1996

From:
Graham Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:07:54 EST
Hopefully this will be the last word from me on this topic!

Thanks to Steffen Dietzel's kind submission to the discussion we are now
able to transfer image files BY DIRECTORIES from both the hard drive on our
Leica OS/9 machine and the associated optical drive to Macs.
We are trying the Shareware XferIt 1.5b4 as suggested and it appears to be
doing everything that we wanted.
It is quite easy to use and so far we haven't found any obvious problems,
such as missing data, etc.

This whole exercise has highlighted, for me at least, the need to ensure
that confocal manufacturers/designers become more aware of the diversity of
computer useage where confocal end users want to network their systems into
non-DOS or Unix setups. In our case we don't have a choice as our site
opted to go with Macs some years ago. Given the amount of Mac based
graphics packages around it only seems logical that quite a number of users
will be trying to get their images into one of these applications.

Graham Johnson
Biomaterials Group
CSIRO, Div. of Biomolecular Engineering,
North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia
ph: 61-2-9886 4851
fax: 61-2-9886 4805