CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1996

Sender:
From:
Janine LaSalle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 18:04:46 -0500
Janine Harrison inquired:

>     Has anyone had hands-on experience yet with these new Oregon Green
>     Dyes from Molecular Probes, and would like to make a comment?  I.E.
>     are they really brighter and more photostable?

I just tried the Oregon Green 488 conjugated goat-anti-mouse IgG for
immunostaining nuclear antigens.  I'm impressed so far, it definitely
seemed brighter than a comparable FITC or PE conjugated secondary antibody.
The data from Molecular Probes on the increased photostability and
decreased pH sensitivity compared to FITC convinced me to give it a try.
I'd been looking for a green dye which is more comparable to the Cy dyes in
brightness and stability.  I'll be putting it to the real test in the next
week or so to see how stable it is following denaturation in an
immunostaining + in situ hybridization procedure.  I'll post again if
there's anything more to add.

Hope this helps!

Janine

Janine LaSalle Ph.D.            [log in to unmask]
Genetics Division               (617)355-7577 (phone)
Children's Hospital             (617)355-7588 (FAX)
300 Longwood Ave.
Boston, MA  02115