CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1996

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 09:36:15 -0500
7bit
From:
Lawrence Kordon <[log in to unmask]>
TIMOTHY GOULD wrote:

> Dear confocalists,We need a x40 or x60 UV Ojective with a long
> working distance,to enable us to patch clamp neurones.Could anyone
> actually name and recommend a lens,that does the job of focusing.We
> have two lenses,which our man from Noran is unable to get a good
> focus from (maybe because they are phased lenses),but he is unable to
> say why.
>               THANKS,Tim Gould.
>     p.s.WE ARE USING AN UPRIGHT MICROSCOPE.

THIS IS A COMMERCIAL VENDOR RESPONSE

Dr. Gould,

Nikon offers both lenses without Phase Rings. CF Fluor 40x (#85008) and
60x (#85009) LWD objectives offer 0.70 na with up to 1.75mm working
distance. They have transmissions well below 340nm. These lenses are
made for your application. Also, note they are finite tube length
corrected.

Regards,

Lawrence Kordon
Nikon, Inc.