CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1996

Sender:
From:
Chris MacLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 12:29:45 -0800
 We have noticed several comments recently regarding VoxelView and Vital Images, particularly with reference to their apparent disappearance from the scene and lack of support for customers.  We have posted an article that appeared near the end of November in our local (Fairfield, Iowa) newspaper regarding Vital Images on our web site (http://www.vaytek.com).  We believe this article may prove informative with regard to this issue.

To summarize the main points:

1)  The article was published as a requirement by the SEC with regard to a pending diversification of Vital Images.

2)  Biovascular, a Minneapolis based biotech company and the owner of Vital Images has decided to spin off Vital Images as an independent company.

3)  Vital Images intends to concentrate solely on the medical imaging market.  They are not going to support general purpose products, like VoxelView, any longer.

4)  Vital Images last quarter earnings were $250,000 with expenditures of $400,000.  They are operating at a loss.

Regards,

John Kesterson, Ph.D.
President
VayTek, Inc.
515-472-2227
http://www.vaytek.com

P.S.  VayTek offers special discounts for anyone who wants to upgrade from VoxelView to VoxBlast.