CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1996

Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 10:13:02 CST
Dear List,
Having seen the recent discussion about frame grabbers, perhaps someone may
have a clue for us about our video board...

 We recently got set up with the BioRad 1024 system running LaserSharp 2.1a
under OS/2 on Compaq Pentiums. We have one of these computers as a stand
alone unit so that people can run the LaserSharp Processing module
(and other PC based image analysis and preparation) without interupting the
use of the confocal itself. The computer has been fitted with a Matrox
Millenium MGA video board, which allows high resolution display of OS/2
programs really well, including the LaserSharp Processing. The problem is
that you cannot go to a DOS or Windows session under these video settings:
if you do, the system crashes totally, resulting in the monitor being
turned off !! (Dos and Windows work fine under OS/2 with a stadard VGA
driver). All this clearly has got something to do with the Matrox driver -
all I am wondering about here is if anyone has got a similar set-up to
work, and if so which version of the driver they have used...

Thanks in advance!
IAN
Professor Ian Gibbins                         Flinders Microscopy &
Department of Anatomy and Histology            Image Analysis Facility
Flinders University of South Australia
GPO Box 2100 Adelaide 5001                    Centre for Neuroscience
AUSTRALIA
Phone:  +61-8-2045271
FAX:    +61-8-2770085
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]