CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:14:58 -0500
7bit
Comments:
RFC822 error: <W> FROM field duplicated. Last occurrence was retained.
I hope I'm not offering misleading information, but Chapter2, Fig. 8 of
the new edition of Pawley's handbook gives a graph of the response of the
MRC-600, MRC-1000, and MRC-1024 in fast photon-counting mode. They all
show nonlinearity beginning at low counts/pixel as you describe.

Are the measurements that are being compared all from equivalent ND
filter settings? What is on my mind here is the saturation of the
fluorochrome by the higher intensity excitation as you get to 3%
transmission.

Sincerely,

Dale A. Callaham
Central Microscopy Facility