CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 10:46:54 -0500
Dear Colleagues,

I have just setup a microscope system for use with an existing picosecond
pulsed laser to perform time-resolved fluorescence measurements.  Currently
we are using an inverted Zeiss Axiovert IM-35 and a photon-counting
photomultiplier to perform spot-measurements.  We are considering an
upgrade to the present system to include a confocal scanning attachment in
order to be able to acquire images as well as fluorescence decays.  Could
anybody recommend an attachment capable of adding confocal capabilities to
our Zeiss microscope?  Any comments/suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Massimo Sassaroli, D.Sc.
Dept. of Physiology & Biophysics