CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

Sender:
From:
Paul White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 06:20:18 GMT
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a method of counting cells in a
confocal field of view for use in an FITC-labelled-drug uptake study in
keratinocytes. I'm finding that I need a method of counting the total number
of cells, since some cells take up the drug very well and others don't at
all, so its hard to estimate the proportion of cells fluorescing etc.

I'm now using a two channel system so dual labelling is a possibility (eg
with Texas Red conjugated to a live cell marker?), but I was hoping that
there was a simpler solution, particularly since these are time course
experiments over up to 24 hours.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Dr Paul White