CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

Sender:
From:
Gert van Cappellen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 12:22:41 MET-1METDST
Comments:
To: "Julie R. Hens" <[log in to unmask]>
Julie

I use a DOS based program which works very good to make AVI files.
It is called VFD and it converts BMP files to AVI. So first convert
your Zeiss TIF files to BMP files. I found this program with the help
of Lance Ladics website:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/ladic/confocal.html

Succes,
Gert

> hi, this is my first time attempting to post a message on the confocal
> group.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make movies, using either
> sequences of images generated on the confocal, or single images into a
> movie that will have the *.avi, *.mov extention, or something
> similar which is windows 3.11 compatible?...We have a Zeiss
> microscope here, and i can animates sequences this way, but it would be
> nice to create little movies, not dependent on the confocal's computer,
> software. I am specifically looking for freeware or shareware programs for
> IBM compatible. I know you can purchase these type of programs (ie
> Quicktime), but im a poor grad student on a mission. Hope some one can
> help, Thanks in advance.
> Julie

Gert van Cappellen, [log in to unmask] Erasmus University,
Endocr.& Reprod., Dr. Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Fax: +31 10 4366832