CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

Sender:
From:
matthew_Hannah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:31:29 +0100
Hi Stephen, Im not quite sure what sort of data you need, but if you only
require relative values as you described then isnt it enough just to see the
levels going up and down. In my experience this could be all you could
realistically expect with immunofluorescence. Observations I have from
biochemistry and morphology would suggest that two times the fluorescence does
not mean two times the amount of antigen, even if the detection system were
perfectly linear. I would wonder whether any attempt to get more absolutely
quantitative answers would be just like adding an extra decimal place to an
answer which was already wrong!
Just my own feelings on the subject.
Matthew

Dr. Matthew Hannah