CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:28:31 ...
     Judy

     I would recommend reading the following publication:

     Aberration control in quantitative imaging of botanical specimens by
     multidimensional fluorescence microscopy

     N. S. White et al  Journal of Microscopy, Vol. 181, Pt 2, February
     1996, pp. 99-116

     This paper discusses empirical determination of axial distortion and
     attenuation, their practical calibration and subsequent computational
     correction.

     Bio-Rad MRC-1024 users should note that the axial geometric distortion
     (squashing or stretching in Z) caused by mismatched refractive indices
     (RI) is automatically corrected as long as the appropriate RI values
     for immersion medium, cover slip and mounting medium are entered into
     the 'User Setup' dialog box.

     Duncan McMillan
     Senior Product Manager
     Bio-Rad Microscopy Division