CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1997

From:
emanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 12:33:27 0000
> I have just purchased a PS-Speck kit from Mole Probes.  I wondered if any
> of you have successfully calculated the PSF of your systems using this kit.
> If so I would be grateful to hear your comments, tips etc.

I have used such beads (a prototype of PS-Speck) to measure
the shift between different colours. This works very well (accuracy
of measurement is about 10-20 nm). After such shift measurement
a correction can easily be performed. Read about this in the
January issue of J. Microscopy. It shows pictures of 3-colour PSF's.

Erik Manders

CRC Nuclear Structure and Function Group
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
Oxford University
South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK
Tel: (+44/0) 1865 275529 (/275500)