CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

Sender:
From:
Sam Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 16:17:02 -0500
        Here at Duke we are gathering confocal movies of dendritic Ca
signals using
our Noran Odyssey (w/SGI Indy front end).  We are looking for a good way to
crunch
these into a pretty form for showing in public and have committed to Image-Pro,
which has a sophisticated scripting language.  What it does not have is a
library of
pre-written macros.  This would save us much development time.

        Does anyone know of such a library, of use to quantitative imagers /
fluorescence movie-makers?

Useful functions would include:

* frame averaging (running, jumping, and other)
* manipulating a whole stack of images for background subtraction, division
        by baseline
* superimposing pseudocolor on a grayscale reference image
* following regions-of-interest through a stack of images.

Yours sincerely,

Sam Wang

Department of Neurobiology, Box 3209
Duke University Medical Center