CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

Sender:
From:
Dr M Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:46:53 PST
Dear Sam

IDL is available for most platorms including MAC, PC and various UNIX
systems. It comes from

Research Systems Inc
2995 Wilderness Place
Boulder CO 80301

(303) 786 9900

You can obatian a fully functional free demo version by FTP (with
limited operating time) or get a demo license for 30 days.

 Regards

Mark Cannell

 Is IDL a software only for UNIX/SGI, and where does it come from?

On Sun, 9 Feb 1997 16:17:02 -0500 Sam Wang wrote:
> From: Sam Wang <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 16:17:02 -0500
> Subject: Quantitative image analysis for Image-Pro
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
>         Here at Duke we are gathering confocal movies of dendritic
Ca
> signals using
> our Noran Odyssey (w/SGI Indy front end).  We are looking for a good
way to
> crunch
> these into a pretty form for showing in public and have committed to
Image-Pro,
> which has a sophisticated scripting language.  What it does not have
is a
> library of
> pre-written macros.  This would save us much development time.
>
>         Does anyone know of such a library, of use to quantitative
imagers /
> fluorescence movie-makers?
>
> Useful functions would include:
>
> * frame averaging (running, jumping, and other)
> * manipulating a whole stack of images for background subtraction,
division
>         by baseline
> * superimposing pseudocolor on a grayscale reference image
> * following regions-of-interest through a stack of images.

----------------------
 Martin K=F6hler
 Department of Molecular Medicine
 Rolf Luft Center for Diabetes Research L6B:1
 Karolinska Hospital
 S-171 76  STOCKHOLM
 SWEDEN
         phone    46-8-7295732