CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
Ed Monberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 18:19:14 -0800
Thanks for the news from "the front".
I say this while sadly thinking that whereas we are the wealthiest nation
in things and money, we are quite poor in civic and person scale wealth.
The quality of our press, and in the use of TV as a tool to persuade rather
than inform are examples of this.  Freedom from expression, one might say.
(A kind of commercial PCness) When Brinkely stated, not realizing his
microphone was on, a few months ago on national radio that Clinton's
oratory "... was boring, and always would be. . . ", the most germaine
comment about this was that: ". .  if a statement is true, then it is
obviously forbidden on commercial broadcast media .  ."
Personally, I don't think the situation is improving, so I tremendously
appreciate this first-hand information which is not diluted or filtered by
corporate interests.  This is one example where the internet is one of the
heroes.

Ed Monberg,
Palo Alto