CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1997

From:
Lucia Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:28:52 -0500
Y'all-  the following question came from one of our users - any
help/references would be greatly appreciated.

In FACS analysis it is possible to quench autoflourescence in the FITC
PMT by adding trypan blue to the FITC-labelled secondary antibody,
without significant quenching any of the specific staining. We are
having some problems with autoflourescence in lymphnode frozen sections
from mink.  Does anybody know if it is possible to quench
autoflourescence in flourescence microscopy by trypan blue or by other
means???
Thank you in advance......

Lu

Lucia P. Barker, Ph.D.