CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1997

From:
Michael Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:14:06 +0100
Hello everybody

We would like some help on the following problem. We have the Leica TCS
Confocal system which has two linked computers, the VME and a 486 PC
running Windows 3.1. We have a Jaz drive linked in to the PC.  We have
tranferred cofocal files to a Jaz cartridge in the PC Jaz drive. We have
then tried to open the Jaz cartridge in another Jaz drive linked to a
Macintosh 7600/132 computer and got the message that the cartridge is
unreadable and do we want to initialise it? There is nothing wrong with the
cartridge. The cartridge was formatted on the 486 PC because we were told
that if it were on the Macintosh even in PC format it would be unusable on
the PC. Have other confocal users encountered this problem and what has
been their solution? Does DOS mounter help? We would very much appreciate
any help with this.

Regards

Mike Kane

Physiology Department
University College
Galway
Ireland
Ph: 353-91-524411
Fx: 353-91-750544 (direct line); also 353-91-525700
em: [log in to unmask]