CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1998

Sender:
From:
Anthony G Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:47:27 -0600
Just the idea of putting objectives into that sort of environment
sends chills down my spine!!  :)

No doubt something could be done, but be prepared to replace a lot of your
optics if you ever try.  I'd say discuss this with your scope manufacturer
(not so much the confocal, assuming that the galvos etc will be at room
temp) and see if you can take samples down slowly, work at long working
distances, etc.  But even so your objectives and any other really cold
optical items will pay a big price for the effort.

*       Anthony Moss                    voice  (334)844-9257            *
*       101 Cary Hall                   fax    (334)844-4065            *
*       Zoology and Wildlife Science    email  [log in to unmask]  *
*       Auburn University                                               *
*       Auburn, AL 36849                                                *