CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1998

From:
Ulrich Seydel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:33:05 +0800
COMOS should be run directly under Windows95. A detour to DOS is not
necessary. It is very stable under Windows95 and running MPS should not be
a problem. Normally the default configuration of Windows95 should work
straight away. One advantage  using Windows95 is that the possibility to
save files directly to a JAZ drive or a server. Time is not wasted anymore
for the transfer of files.

Regarding the installation of Windows95, I personally would reformat the
harddrive and start from scratch. I would not fell comfortable to upgrade
directly from Win 3.1.

Good luck!

Dr. Ulrich Seydel
Centre for Microscopy; The University of Western Australia
Nedlands, WA 6907, Australia
Phone: +61 8 9380 1770; Fax: +61 8 9380 1087
http://cmm.uwa.edu.au/clsm/clsm.html