CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1998

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:07:17 -0400
A warning if you are thinking about Molecular Probes Inspeck intensity
calibration kits for the confocal.

Molecular probes advertises Inspeck intensity calibration kits for
microscopy.
We have tried these however we have not received any beads that have a
uniform intensity throughout (we tried the FITC and Texas Red kits).

When we contacted MProbes technical support they said that they have
trouble with the lower intensity standards as the dye accumulates on the
inner surface of the beads.
They will refund me and said that due to this they admit they are not
suitable for confocal microscopy.

Wayne