CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1998

Sender:
From:
Anthony G Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:11:27 -0500
I'm guessing you are not limiting your request to confocal.  My experience
with on-the-fly processing systems is that the ones by Hamamatsu (formerly
Argus 10 now Argus20 or 50 if you want calcium/fluor imaging) are really
very nice and extraordinarily powerful.  Butch Moomaw (very nice helpful
guy at Hamamatsu at (210)751-3754 can fill you in.
Dage/MTI makes a really good system too; however I had some trouble with
ease-of-use.  It's my understanding that they have taken this under
consideration in recent versions, but that's only 3rd hand info.  I cannot
remember the name of their instrument, but John Bogen of Dage/MTI can tell
you.  He's in Va, but I can't find his # right now.  Dage is in Michigan
City, Ind, on Roeske ("risky") Blvd.  That should help you find them.
*       Dr. Anthony Moss                voice  (334)844-9257            *
*       131 Cary Hall                   fax    (334)844-4065            *
*       Zoology and Wildlife Science    email  [log in to unmask]  *
*       Auburn University                                               *
*       Auburn, AL 36849                                                *
*       USA                                                             *