CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1998

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:49:10 -0500
From:
Anthony G Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Yes, I agree with the statements about Inovision's products; they are
superb.   I think that in some ways Universal's Metamorph is a bit easier
to use, but the approach with Inovision is very very good, and the
platform, underlying elegance of design etc is as good as it gets and
very flexible and the programming, since it is visual and
object-oriented, very easy to use and debug.  Service and support are
excellend with Universal (or used to be anyway a few years back when I
used their system) but Inovision has excellent personnel too and are
friendly and a bit smaller and also very very good with support.

I wanted to buy an Inovision setup but it was just out of my price range;
I will try to remedy that however on my next grantsmanship effort!  I have
found that Image-Pro (Media Cybernetics) is very good for what I need but
not quite the equal of the higher end products by Univesal and Inovision.

*	Dr. Anthony Moss		voice  (334)844-9257		*
*	131 Cary Hall			fax    (334)844-4065		*
*	Zoology and Wildlife Science	email  [log in to unmask]	*
*	Auburn University						*
*	Auburn, AL 36849		  				*