CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

Sender:
From:
Patty Tam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:50:40 -0400
Hello!  I need some help.  I labelled my protein with texas red and FITC,
(two separate batches of protein, singly labelled).  I put the labelled
protein on an Affi-Gel Blue(Cibacron Blue) column and I managed to get
some of the labelled protein off the column using 0.6M NaCl, but the
majority is still stuck on the column.
I think the label(Texas red or FITC) is interacting with the Cibacron
Blue.  I tried eluting with 1.5M ammonium acetate, but that didn't work
either.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my protein off the
column, or know of any other newsgroups that could be of help?

Thank you!

Patty Tam
Graduate Student
University of Toronto