CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:07:31 -0400
7bit
From:
Jim Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Pat,  An easy method we have found to be very effective to cut old gel
films into strips the width of a slide and then punch holes of whatever
diameter you want along the strips. We have this done in our sheet metal
shop with thin metal supports between the films and the cut individual
holes off the strip with a sissor. Clear nail polish is used to attach
them to slides. After dryiing a flat well several hundred microns deep
results and thick tissue samples can be mounted and coversliped without
compressing the tissue.

Jim Turner