CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 17:33:29 -0700
7bit
From:
Bryan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
X Sun

> Hi All:
>
> I am looking into 2 software packages and wondering any one has any
> experience, comments on these 2 imaging acquisition, processing packages.
>
>         a) Image Pro Plus from Media Cybernetics
>
>         b) Slidebook from Intelligent Imaging Innovations, Inc.
>
> Any information would be helpful. It will be used in a multi-user facility.
> So easiness of use is a big issue. We intend to use it in conjunction with a
> cooled CCD camera. We need it mostly for fluorescent image acquisition and
> processing. Maybe it will be also used for some confocal data too.

We're using Empix Imaging's Northern Eclipse software for both widefield
CCD based digital microscopy and manipulating confocal data sets from our
Zeiss LSM 410.  Given the woeful state of the Canadian microbuck, the fact
that Emipx is a Canadian company makes their software much less expensive.

I'm not familliar with Slidebook...but Eclipse is a notch up from ImagePro+
(IMHO).

Cheers