CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

Sender:
From:
Beat Ludin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:07:41 +0200
I have been using MetaMorph since it has become available. Since V3.0, I
would call it really good, and the improvments I've seen in V3.5 make it
excellent. Also, UIC has been responsive with respect to additional
features we've been asking for. I have been working with other software
packages too, but not long enough to make a fair statement on how they
compare to Metamorph.

Just my 0.02

Beat

X Sun wrote:

>Hi, Everyone:
>
>We are looking into image processing/analyzing software package that allows
>both controlling of microscope (stage and filters) and data acquisition
>through a cooled CCD camera. It will be used for a multi-user facility and
>primarily for low level fluorescent imaging. Calcium imaging is not a
>primary concern, though it may be needed in the future.
>
>I posted a message last week regarding Image Pro Plus and "SlideBook". Now I
>am asking more general recommendation regarding this type of software. Any
>comments will be helpful. I am sorry to bug everyone twice about this.
>
>More specifically, any one has any experience, comments about Metamorph from
>Universal Imaging Corp?
>
>Thanks in advance. If you think it is not generally interesting, please send
>it directly to me.
>

>        Xuejun Sun,

>Xuejun Sun, Ph.D.
>Dept. of Experimental Oncology
>Cross Cancer Institute
>11560 University Ave.
>Edmonton Alberta T6G 1Z2, Canada
>
>Phone:  (403) 432 8898 (office)
>        (403) 432 8468 (lab.)
>Fax:    (403) 432 8892
>Email: [log in to unmask]

Dr. Beat Ludin, FMI, Maulbeerstr 66, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Tel. +41 61 697 6697 / FAX +41 61 697 3976