CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

Sender:
From:
Carol Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:29:26 -0500
Pat,
I use a very simple method.  I break up coverslips and use them as spacers.
They are very uniform and come in varying thicknesses.  You can always
double them if necessary.  Just be careful not to cut yourself!

Carol

>I am trying to stain whole heart valve leaflets, with some
>success. However, mounting the end result in order to view, is
>proving difficult. Each leaflet is of variable thickness i.e. it
>has an undulating surface. Does anyone have any suggestions? I
>have tried making supports on a glass slide with mounting fluid or
>nail varnish, but it is difficult to end up with a uniform depth.
>Thanks in advance,
>Pat Taylor.

Carol Bayles                                                    607-254-4860
Microscopy and Imaging Facility         607-254-4847  fax
BioResource Center                              [log in to unmask]
160 Biotech Bldg
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14850