CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

Sender:
From:
Keiichi Ohya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:27:17 +0900
If you would like to obtain morphometrical evaluation, labeling technique of
bome must be employed. The fluorescent dye are used for labeling of bone. Te
tracycline is a normal dye for this purpose and is used for clinical situati
on in human. Tetracycline, however, is difficult to observe in undecalcified
bone section by CLSM, beacause its fluorescent spectra is not fit for laser
with 488nm, 568nm and 647nm. If you get more dose, you can observe labeling
in bone, but literature describe that overdose of tetracycline impair the bo
ne mineralization and consequently formation of bone will be disturbed. In a
n experimantal condition used small animals, calcein, alizarin red S, xylino
l orange and other fluorescent dye are used other than tetracycline and thes
e dye could be visible by CLSM. You may refer our rescent paper (Suzuki et a
l. Bone, 21(6), 507-517, 1997).
Hope to help you by this comment.

Prof. Keiichi Ohya
Dept. Dental Pharmacology, Fac. Dentistry
Tokyo Medical and Dental University
tel +81-3-5803-5460
FAX +81-3-5803-0190