CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:16:15 +1000
Bill,

        A couple of points:

1.  I hope that all is in order with the chapter on 2-photon, by Colin
Sheppard and me, for your Handbook of Fluorescent and Luminescent probes.
I've heard nothing back so far.  I do now have some pictures to add to it
(having failed
to get any from the manufacturers I hd to take some myself ...) so how should
I send them.  Can you receive them electronically?  Are you proposing to
publish in colour?  (They are multi-channel and look good in colour but of
course I don't have funds to pay printing costs).

2.  You have posted recently about your image acquisition and processing
systems.  I am currently writing yet another book chapter, this time of
mass storage and image manipulation for confocal.  I am allowed to name
brands, but of course it is a survey, sot a "Which" report.

Can you let me know any of your systems which you think would be relevant?
I emphasize that this is specifically for confocal images and I am NOT
covering CCD acquisition software etc, (even though it may be used with
Nipkow or slit confocal scopes).  Are there any demo versions available?

                                                Guy Cox

>In respect of  the discussion of image acquisition and processing systems
>from suppliers like UIC, Innovision and others, I would also like to make
>list readers aware of our Company's excellent products which include 12-,
>14- and 16-bit cooled digital CCD camera systems and outstanding Windows 95
>software for a range of applications including ratiometric imaging,
>multi-label and 3D studies, digital deconvolution and extensive general
>image processing. We have an extensive camera range including interline,
>frame transfer and full frame cameras ranging from slow scan precision
>devices to fast scan devices with very high imaging rates, and can advise
>on the most appropriate camera for specific applications.
>
>We are very proud of the fact that we are one of the few, if not the only,
>company around that can offer not only total in-house design and production
>of digital CCD cameras (we have been in this business for 14 years), but
>also an extensive range of software tools. Our integrated products
>supported in the packages also include high speed wavelength changers and
>microscope stage control, both or our own design and some from thrid party
>providers. We also have a first rate new confocal imaging system called
>UltraVIEW.
>
>We have a WebSite which is
>
>http://www.lsr.co.uk
>
>and would be pleased to provide further information to any list readers.
>
>We have excellent representation worldwide for both sales and technical
>support, details of which can be found on our WebSite.
>

>Dr. W.T. Mason
>Life Science Resources Ltd.
>Abberley House, Granham's Road
>Great Shelford, Cambridge  CB2  5LQ
>United Kingdom
>Tel 44-(0)1223-845836
>Fax 44-(0)1223-840342
>
>In the USA at:
>Two Corporate Center Drive
>Melville, NY  11747-3157
>Tel 516-8445085
>Fax 516-8445093
>Freephone 1-800-7479530
>
>Email: [log in to unmask]
>Web: http://www.lsr.co.uk

Dr. Guy Cox,   |                    ooOOOOOOoo
E.M. Unit, F09 |        #       oOOOO  |  |  OOOOo       #
Univ of Sydney |       ###    OOO|  |  |  |  |  |OOO    ###
NSW 2006,      |       ###  OOO  |  |  |  |  |  |  OOO  ###
Australia      |       ### OO |  |  |  |  |  |  |  | OO ###