CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

Sender:
From:
Nicolette Binz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 09:20:42 +0800
Dear All,

I have been working with JC-1 attempting to stain the mitochondria in
hippocampal neurons. For some reason, I cannot get a strong enough signal
from JC-1. I have calibrated the confocal and have checked everything I can
think of, so I am confident that it isn't the machine that is causing my
problems. I have also compared my dye concentrations to those used by
others who have worked with JC-1, and my solutions and methods appear to be
ok. The only thing I can think of at this stage is that the dye may
possibly be too old, but this is difficult for me to judge, since I have
been unable to find out much about the stability of JC-1.

I would really like to hear from anyone who has any experience with JC-1
and who may be able to shed some light onto this problem for me.

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.

Nici

Dr. Nicolette Binz
Australian Neuromuscular Research Institute
4th Floor A-Block
QE II Medical Centre
Verdun Street
Nedlands WA 6009