CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1999

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:55:27 -0500
7bit
From:
Martin Wessendorf <[log in to unmask]>
Hey, Hans!

Hans van der Voort wrote:

> Everything ok? Are you by any chance coming to the Heidelberg
> conference?

Everything is okay--it's just that two grants have been reviewed without
being funded, and a post-doc (Tracie Pierce) just headed back to
Australia.  And life is always too busy when you're a perfectionist....

And no, I'm not heading to Heidelberg, though it's a nice fantasy!

> Last week I talked to Roel van Driel and his postdoc Pernette Verschure
> about reliability of restoration results. They have considerable
> interest in that topic since they are basing biological conclusions more
> and more on high-res restored images. And are meeting some resistance
> here and there.
> They did some work already in the direction of a paper on this but lack
> a good known test object. Of course I though immediately of your
> pipettes! Is it a good idea for you to collaborate with them? If so,
> shall I give them your phone number?

Please feel free to give them my e-mail address--that's probably better
than the phone right now.  Thanks for thinking of me!

> BTW, weather is getting fine here, now and then. I even thought of going
> camping in Heidelberg, but might be a bit impractical...

This has been a fairly mild winter!  We're having temperatures between
about 2 and 15 right now, with a good mix of rain and clear weather.  I
planted our lettuce, spinach and peas last weekend--this is the earliest
that our garden has been begun in in several years.

When does the Heidelberg conference begin?  I haven't kept up on that.

Hope all is well in Hilversum--gotten out the Laser yet??

Martin
--
Martin Wessendorf, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Dept Cell Biology and Neuroanatomy              office: (612) 626 0145