CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1999

From:
Greg Joss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:57:57 +1000
>Date:         Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:07:38 -0400
>From:         Patty Tam <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Pseudocolour and NIH Image
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make pseudocolour
>images on NIH Image.  I collect my images in black and white on the
>confocal and when I open them in NIH Image I would like to colour them
>red or green, depending on the label.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Patty Tam
>University of Toronto
>Dept. Lab Medicine and Pathobiology

Patty,

Dispose all images;
Open your two images (same size) in red, green order;
Duplicate one of the images and
Fill (black) to be blue slice;
Windows to Stack(Stack menu;
{to give 3 slice stack, You then have an RGB stack that can be saved}

RGB to 8bit Indexed(Stack menu {will give 8-bit colour image that can be
saved or will appear on opening RG(B) stack}

Usually, I would use
EnhanceContrast; ApplyLut; to automaticallty (or else manually) stretch
contrast in each of the R,G images before making pusedocolour.

The above could be easily automated via a simple macro.

Greg Joss,
School of Biological Sciences, Phone:(61)(2) 9850 8212 Fax: 9850 8174
Macquarie University,          Email [log in to unmask]
North Ryde, (Sydney,) NSW 2109, Australia