CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1999

From:
Confocal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:49:44 -0400
I second Jeff Reece's comments regarding the instability of JAZ drives and
their disks.  We used our 3 drives on 3 separate platforms (Windows 95, SGI and
Mac OS 8.0) and after about 9 months, the problems started happening.  Once the
large 2GB disks begin to fill up, the directories seem to have problems
handling all the files and subdirectories.  We've had one drive replaced by
Iomega, but have since corrupted another disk.  CD-RW are definitely more
stable. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar problems with the JAZ.
Conversely, our ZIPs seem to be chugging along just fine.

Linda Mayernik, M.S.
Confocal Imaging Core Facility
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Detroit, MI