CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1999

From:
Chris MacLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:51:16 -0500
week, VayTek has created a free version of VoxBlast, called VoxBlast
Light.  It is a limited version of our product that we use for demo
purposes.  It is available at
ftp://206.26.90.8/pub/vaytek/VoxBlast_Light.exe

With this version, you can load any valid data set, rotate to any view
point, render using several renderers, and apply color and transparency
palettes.  It's functionality is limited, but it is still useful.

In addition, VayTek has just announced a new high-end version of
VoxBlast.  With VoxBlast Real Time you can by a board for a Windows NT
computer and render large datasheets in real time - that means 500 million
voxels per second (as compared with 1 to 5 million voxels/sec without
the board) - 100 to 500 times faster.

The VoxBlast Classic 3.0 upgrade will be available soon.

Please give us feedback on these new products and thank you for your
indulgence.

John Kesterson, Ph.D.
President
VayTek, Inc.