CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1999

From:
Beat Ludin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:18:26 +0100
I have the specs for (almost) any of the current objectives from
Zeiss, Leica, Nikon and Olympus. Most of the information I have is in
print so I can't publish it here (I'd have to leave that to the
manufacturers anyway), but I you specify a couple of objectives
you're interested in, I'll gladly tell you the working distances.

Cheers,

Beat

>Dear,
>
>Using confocal microscopy one of the limiting points is the working
>distance of the lens. This is engraved on the new Nikon lenses but not on
>other lenses.
>Is there out there any user that has a table of all lenses and their
>working distance?
>Does any one has experience of the practical measuring of working
>distances?
>If any body there givs me the information I will be glad to post a summary
>on this.
>
>Greetings
>
>Patrick Van Oostveldt
>Lab. Biochemistry and Molecular Cytology
>Coupure Links 653
>B 9000 GENT
>
>tel: 32 9 264 5969
>fax: 32 9 264 6219