CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1999

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:11:27 +0100
On a related note:
I have heard that by US law there is no copyright on work done by employess of
public institutions (such as public universities). This may mean that everybody
can copy an article if at least one author works at such an institution.

Unfortunately I didn't find a source to verify (or falsify) this information.
Can anybody comment on this?

Steffen

--- Christian Lohr <[log in to unmask]> schrieb:
> Dear list members,
>
> my suggestion: if you have references on your web site and like visitors
> to have access to your pdf files, set a link to your email address with
> the hint 'pdf available on request'. To my understanding, sending a pdf
> by email as a non-profit matter (i.e. not getting money for it) does not
> offend copyrights, as sending photocopies of single articles by snail
> mail does not (you can have the photocopy from every libary).
>
> Sincerely
> Christian
>

> David Vaudry wrote:
> >
> > Dear members,
> > I have figure out that in some web sites, you can find the full version of
> articles (sometimes a PDF file that you can open to print the article exactlu
> as it has been published).
> > I would like to know if it is allowed to put its articles online on a
> website, if you have to ask permission to do it?
> > As I wan't to set up a web site on confocal microscopy, I am looking if we
> could put a reprint of some of our publications online and I would appreciate
> to have suggestions and opinions from other people who have done it yet.
> > Thank you very much.
> > David
> > David Vaudry
> > Unité INSERM 413
> > IFRMP 23
> > Place E. Blondel
> > Université de Rouen
> > 76128 Mont-Saint-Aignan
> > France
> > Tel: (33) 235 14 67 60
> > (33) 661 13 58 99
> > Fax: (33) 235 14 69 46
>
> --
> Christian Lohr, Ph.D.
> ARL Division of Neurobiology
> University of Arizona
> PO Box 210077
> Tucson, AZ 85721-0077
> Phone: (520) 621-6671
> FAX: (520) 621-8282

=====
Dr. Steffen Dietzel
Dept. of Cell and Structural Biology
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
601 S. Goodwin Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: +1/217/333-8372  Fax: +1/217/244-1648
e-mail: [log in to unmask] Web:  http://www.life.uiuc.edu/belmont/dietzel