CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1999

From:
Anthony Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:02:31 -0600
A bit off the previous digital camera discussion thread:  Has anyone out
there tried using one of the high quality new digital cameras (like a
Nikon CoolPix or Olympus C2000, 2020 or 2500) for imaging through a
microscope (or for anything for that matter)?  I've seen standard photos
(faces, details in macro mode etc) off these cameras and they are
startlingly good.  I believe they are 8 bit in each channel but am not
sure.  I realize that they are not going to be as nearly as sensitive as
a cooled camera but that's not what I am looking for.   I would like to
have a versatile camera that could be useful in the field as well as for
standard microscopical use; if there were adapters for the CoolPix or
the C2000 that would be very nice too.

Thanks very much in advance.

Tony Moss

--