CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1999

From:
Kees Jalink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:27:21 +0100
Dear James,

thanks for your email. Once again I'd like to point out that much of the credit
should go to Lauran Oomen, who really measured it very meticulously.
Indeed, it may be doable to separate individual laserlines and monitor them on
a pixel-by-pixel base. If this would work, it would probably be the single best
solution. But it involves quite some optics, at the expense of flexibility. If
for instance I would choose to have another laserline installed, I would need
to change filters for the relevant diode detector as well.

Yes, we can rule out vibration and dust. Vibrations are expected to have the
same frequency for all laser lines. Dust could may be be responsible for
step-like changes, but hardly for oscillatory behaviour.

Regards, Kees

--

Kees Jalink Ph.D.
The Netherlands Cancer Institute, dept. of Cell Biology H1