CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2010

From:
Axel Kurt Preuss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:36:38 +0800
Dear Peter
It's all about the ions in the glass and relative composition of it's components
I'm on a trip  but when I ve time  I post a link

Thanks
   Cheers

Axel
—————
Axel K Preuss, PhD,
Central Imaging, IMCB, A*Star, 61 Biopolis Dr, 6-19B, Singapore 138673,  sent from 9271.5622

On Dec 12, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Peter Werner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody can explain what qualitative difference
> exist, if any, between different brands of plain glass slides. For
> example, over on the Ted Pella page ( http://www.tedpella.com/histo_html/slides.htm
>  ), for a 2-box pack of 144 slides, the price varies from about $10
> for the Pella Economy Slides, all the way up to $40 or $60+ for Gold
> Seal or Corning slides.
>
> My question is, is there any advantage or optical difference with the
> more expensive slides? Corning advertises theirs as "water white"
> glass, which I imagine implies something about the transmittance or
> refractive index, but I'm not sure.

Note: This message may contain confidential information. If this Email/Fax has been sent to you by mistake, please notify the sender and delete it immediately. Thank you.