CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1997

From:
Neal Gliksman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:34:15 -0400
Many years back as a graduate student I used DAPI to image individual
chromosomes in dividing sea urchin embryos.  There was a concentration in
which the cell cycle timing was undistubed and you could see each
chromosome clearly for at least three cell divisions.  At higher
concentrations the chromosomes did not condense as well and tore themselves
apart during cell division.  As my thesis involved microtubules and the
spindle I never pusued the cause and effect of the problem.

-Neal Gliksman Ph.D.