CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2011

From:
Tim Feinstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:34:41 -0500

Hi Emma,

You are correct, histological sections can be a problem because as sections deform, alignment often requires transformation/rotation as well as translation.  This recent paper in Traffic describes a new ImageJ tool that could provide what you need:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0854.2011.01309.x/abstract

After alignment is resolved I agree that ImageJ/Fiji can handle 3d data presentation with little problem.

All the best,

Tim Feinstein

Sent from my iPad