CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2006

From:
Tobias Baskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:38:57 -0500

Sarah,
	I'll take a stab at answering you. Note -- I have no stock in
the nail polish companies!  We store our slides for more than a year
and often go back. The images are not quite as crispy as original but
are servicable. We use a water gycerol mixture so there is some
evaporation, and oxygen may diffuse in. But in any case, we absorb
excess mountant and the nail polish sets up in moments (although we
always wait 30 to 60 min before going near a microscope) so I can't
see how it could cause trouble. And the colors are so pretty (just
kidding about the last).

	Anyway, that is why we use nail polish.

	Tobias

--
      /  \   /          / \    /   \ \        Tobias I. Baskin