CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2013 10:22:02 +0200

Maybe I am missing something here, but how about just adding glycerol to
the solution? Other options might be a low concentration of
low-melting-point agarose or a gel used for ultrasonic examinations.

Steffen

On 28.06.2013 21:08, Jen Jackson wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I'm looking for a method to 'slow down', but not completely immobilize- a
> low concentration of YFP particles to help characterize a TIRF system.
> Ideally, we could perhaps later use this "YFP gel" to calibrate fluorescence
> intensity of single YFP molecules in biological membranes, but for now I'm
> looking for a decent way to have some sort of reduction in particle speed,
> as compared to solution, without compromising the spectral properties (etc.)
> of the protein.  Any tips, tricks?
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Jen

Steffen Dietzel, PD Dr. rer. nat
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Walter-Brendel-Zentrum für experimentelle Medizin (WBex)
Head of light microscopy

Mail room:
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 München

Building location: