CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2005

From:
Jill Pflugheber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 15:16:52 -0400

Hi Robert,

We routinely use Draq 5 for rat brainstem sections, as well as ovarian
sections.  We mount with Fluormount G with good success.  The rat
brainstem sections are fixed in Streck and the ovarian section in % PFA.

I have noticed in our cultured cells, that acetone fixed cells don't
hold the Draq-5 label as well, but all the coverslips are fixed by
undergrads, so I don't know that they are really fixing long enough.

The Draq 5 works great for us.  I hope you get your problems solved.

Jill Pflugheber
Micrscopy Technician
St. Lawrence University
Canton, NY